As a father and a grandfather, I know how important it is to keep families safe and secure.
Taking care of my family has made me even more dedicated to my business in the 30+ years that I’ve been providing security solutions. I aim to protect and educate every single one of my London customers in the same way that I protect and educate the members of my own family.
In this post, I’ll be sharing advice that I give to my loved ones. Often, the products you buy from DIY and hardware shops just aren’t safe enough. And here’s why:
- Locks – Many locks purchased from DIY shops aren’t fit for purpose. For a lock to be safe, it must meet British standards, including being built with anti-snap technology. Many locks don’t meet these standards – particularly when they’re purchased off the shelf.
- Security equipment – Whether you’re buying a new door, a burglar alarm or something else to protect your home, it might not be as secure, robust and trustworthy as you think. Without expert advice, it’s very difficult to know if you’re buying the best equipment for your needs.
- The DIY itself – You might think you know what you’re doing, but many of London’s DIYers don’t do their jobs safely or effectively. And if a home security job isn’t done properly, it might as well not be done at all!
- DIY shop staff – Unfortunately, many aren’t thoroughly trained, so they’re unable to give you expert advice about protecting your home.
- Durability – Equipment that isn’t fitted properly often doesn’t last.
The bottom line is, while many people use DIY stores for locks, advice and other security measures, they don’t always understand how effective or ineffective these purchases and installations will be. Plus – DIY can be a dangerous undertaking if you don’t do it properly! Around 200,000 UK residents a year end up in A&E with a DIY-related injury.
There’s only one way to be certain that your home is secure. Get security advice and installation from a member of the Master Locksmiths Association such as Security Masters. We’ve been maintaining London’s home security for many years, and we treat every one of our customers like a member of our own family.
We even offer a free security audit. During this audit, we can assess the safety of your home, and recommend security measures to protect your family and your property.
We’ll make sure that you and your loved ones are safe. We’re London’s experts on home maintenance and security. Get in touch.